Re: Narrow the scope: no new email signature protocol

2004-10-06 08:11:17

On Oct 6, 2004, at 10:27 AM, Dave Crocker wrote:

that would depend on what you dug for, how you reformed the mail
and... oh, yeah.  ssl is hop-by-hop rather than end-to-end.  i do
not understand how you think ssl would be relevant to this.

OpenSSL supports S/MIME quite nicely. I was not making a reference to SSL/TLS. Tools to handle MIME parts are easily found: I was referencing the ones that come with my MTA - reformail,reformime,makemime... however, these types of tools also exit as Perl, Python, Java, etc... modules.

in any event, please point to the technical specifications for
the data and formats that these guys would use, for supporting a
MASS service.

There are pointers to S/MIME proposal in the minutes from the last BoF.

please also attend to the points that John Callas made.

I believe James and George already took care of that.

-andy