Re: Narrow the scope: no new email signature protocol

2004-10-05 20:50:10

At the MASS BOF there were at least six proposals, none of which were
S/MIME or PGP.

Huh?  I just checked the minutes.  3 of the presentations talked of
using S/MIME.

They were mutant forms of S/MIME, but none were S/MIME as it's currently
used.

Are you saying that we restrict consideration to proposals that are
somewhat like S/MIME and PGP?  If so, defining "somewhat" will be a
challenge.

But I still don't see any reason to rule out DK, TEOS, etc.  They're
real, they're do various degrees in use now.

Regards,
John Levine, johnl(_at_)iecc(_dot_)com, Primary Perpetrator of "The Internet
for Dummies",
Information Superhighwayman wanna-be, http://iecc.com/johnl, Mayor