Re: Narrow the scope: no new email signature protocol

2004-10-06 06:59:40

On Oct 5, 2004, at 11:50 PM, John R Levine wrote:
Are you saying that we restrict consideration to proposals that are
somewhat like S/MIME and PGP?  If so, defining "somewhat" will be a
challenge.

I believe our disagreement about describing what we want to do vs. how we want to do it is well documented at this point. :)

I believe James Galvin said it best: the key lookup is a service to S/MIME or PGP.

But I still don't see any reason to rule out DK, TEOS, etc.  They're
real, they're do various degrees in use now.

Based on the descriptions given by James and George, it seems I could implement an S/MIME solution with dig, reformail, and openssl using a simple script.

-andy