Re: transition to MASS, was Why we really don't require requirements

2004-10-10 07:05:03

Now the reason why MTAs don't support MIME is simply because they don't
need it.

Well, yeah.  But if I may repeat myself, what's your transition model?
Right now, almost no MTAs handle MIME, so any scheme that depends on MIME
won't work as an MTA-MTA scheme on existing MTAs.

Is your plan to wait to deploy MASS until everyone's MTA has been upgraded
to handle MIME?  If not, what's your transition model for using MASS on
the Internet that exists today?

Regards,
John Levine, johnl(_at_)iecc(_dot_)com, Primary Perpetrator of "The Internet
for Dummies",
Information Superhighwayman wanna-be, http://iecc.com/johnl, Mayor