Re: transition to MASS, was Why we really don't require requirements

2004-10-10 23:31:51

On Sun, 10 Oct 2004, Jim Fenton wrote:

I did say I was "guessing" and I'd love to get real data myself. I did
check my mailbox and out of last 10,000 messages in it I found 17 that
did not contain mime-version header - that is very very low number.

I did a similar check and found 17 messages on this mailing list (all
from John Levine :-) )
that did not contain mime-version headers.
No - his messages all contain Mime-version header.

But  my archive of the ASRG list, ~3000 messages since last November
sometime, had 556 messages without mime-version.
ietf-mxcomp (MARID) had 247 out of 4306 since 4/20 without mime-version.

To be fair, I did not check william(_at_)elan(_dot_)net account, but another one
(this mailbox contains 356,873 email messages as of this one) and is
slightly difficult to check on... But I'll try to write something up, to
verify for ASRG or MARID. I do have to note that Mime-Version appears in
different cases, sometimes its "MIME-version", sometimes "mime-version",
sometimes "Mime-Version", etc. So if you did not take that into account,
you'd not have it right.

--
William Leibzon
Elan Networks