Re: transition to MASS, was Why we really don't require requirements

2004-10-11 00:36:04

On Sun, 10 Oct 2004, william(at)elan.net wrote:

On Sun, 10 Oct 2004, Jim Fenton wrote:

I did say I was "guessing" and I'd love to get real data myself. I did
check my mailbox and out of last 10,000 messages in it I found 17 that
did not contain mime-version header - that is very very low number.

I did a similar check and found 17 messages on this mailing list (all
from John Levine :-) )
that did not contain mime-version headers.
No - his messages all contain Mime-version header.

But  my archive of the ASRG list, ~3000 messages since last November
sometime, had 556 messages without mime-version.
ietf-mxcomp (MARID) had 247 out of 4306 since 4/20 without mime-version.

Ok, I just reran the script from entire downloaded archives for marid and
mass and the results are:

1. MARID (imc-mxcomp)
Number of Messages: 5555
Number of Messages with Mime-Version: 4961

2. MASS (imc-mailsig)
Number of Messages: 380
Number of Messages with Mime-Version: 363

I'll recheck why my original sample gave such similar numbers, it was
support account I thought it would be fair representation of general user
emails (although it does contain large amount of spam - but most of it
cought by spamassasin which adds mime-version no matter what).

--
William Leibzon
Elan Networks