Re: Comparison Matrix on proposals

2004-10-10 23:47:09

On Sun, 10 Oct 2004, Jim Fenton wrote:

At 11:29 PM 10/9/2004 -0700, william(at)elan.net wrote:

I'm working on a comparison matrix for proposals presented at MASS bof:
http://www.elan.net/~william/emailsecurity/emailsignatures-comparisonmatrix.htm

This is really useful; thanks.

Only adjustments I'd make on IIM (based on the -00 draft) are that I
wouldn't call what we have a "key server" since it doesn't serve keys.
I'd say, perhaps, that we have HTTP-based key authorization.

I will try to get you updates when the -01 draft comes out.

One nitpick: the three rows that read "Signature is not effected"
should read "Signature is not affected".

You might also want a row giving pointers to each proposal, or at least
saying whether they have been described in Internet Drafts.  I consider
that to be a fairly important distinguishing characteristic as well.

-Jim

Thank you for feedback.

All modifications as suggested have been made. And I added link to each
proposal draft so people can read what its about.

--
William Leibzon
Elan Networks