Re: Ways to proceed

2004-10-14 12:03:03

On Oct 14, 2004, at 2:47 PM, Hallam-Baker, Phillip wrote:

My concern was not jabber flame wars, but on list flame wars
and endless recycling of the same issues.

Sorry.  I misinterpreted your remark.

Email is far from a perfect a medium to conduct committee business. Using a mixture of the tools is best.

I don't beleive Doug Otis ever felt that the points he kept
trying to raise had been taken account of by the group. If he
had been able to present them for ten mins in a con call and
we had discussed them for 20 mins or so he might have realized
that he had been heard.

He was given 30 minutes (or was it an hour) at the interim meeting. So the medium was not the issue here.

-andy