Re: Ways to proceed

2004-10-15 03:20:36

On 10/14/04 6:42 AM, "John Levine" <johnl(_at_)iecc(_dot_)com> wrote:

The rest of your suggestions seem reasonable too, particularly if we
can find a sugar daddy to pay for the conference bridge.

If people want to use conference calls, I can provide a adequately large
bridge including toll free numbers - even includes web collaboration tools
if you are into that.

Cullen

PS. I'm not promoting or discouraging using conference calls. Obviously
conference calls have the same issue as IM on not being good at dealing with
people that are separated in time instead of space and email has some
advantages that way. On the other hand, I often find conversations tend to
be more antagonistic in email than in voice. Conference calls, like IM and
email, are one of the tools you have - use them where they make sense.

Some other IETF work I am  doing has been doing weekly calls around 15:00
GMT and though it was grim for most people, it seemed like a time that many
people could make.