RE: Ways to proceed

2004-10-14 05:26:39

The rest of your suggestions seem reasonable too, particularly if we
can find a sugar daddy to pay for the conference bridge.

We just get a different company to sponsor each week. We do this
for the OASIS conferences, its no problem.

I'm against telephone conferences, this is likely to alianate non-US
and non-english participants and is not the way IETF works as it does
not really use internet.

The IETF has not been working. The singles biggest point of difference
is the lack of con calls.

We never had a problem with them at W3C and the groups were far more
international than any IETF groups I have worked with.

Instead of telephone conferences we can do regular jabber
sessions which
is typical way its done at IETF WGs.

The jabber sessions failled, they amplified differences. The
point of the telephone confereces is that people are less likely
to make personal flames on the list if they speak to them
regularly.

Jabber is worse than email as a collaboration medium.

Are we going to copy the MARID approach that failed or are we
going to apply an approach that regularly succeeds?