Re: wildcards

2005-07-15 10:33:40

wayne wrote:

somewhat off topic because SPF has never proposed tree walks

Minus version 3 of the op= draft with an op=nosub (that was
the raw idea as posted by John on CLEAR, not the elaborated
"up to six levels excl. the TLD" later in the CSV -02 drafts).

I suspect the depth of dislike for tree walks was not fully
revealed.

Without limiting the levels it could be clumsy and expensive,
and with a limit the question is _which_ limit.

we should probably wander over to namedroppers and raise
this issue now.  And, by "we", I think it would be best if
one or more of the major authors of the I-Ds does it

Makes sense.  Bye, Frank