Re: revised Proposed Charter

2005-07-22 14:49:59

Phillip,

I need to understand better what precisely you are asking for. When you had suggested a mechanism other than 'dns' to use in the q= tag within the signature header I took that to mean you wanted a non-dns based method for fetching DKIM key record information. This is entirely a different thing from what I've seen here:

All I want to do here is to allow someone who has
a key to advertise the existence of additional information
defined using the existing accreditation mechanism.

"Additional information" doesn't sounds like a DKIM key record. So, I think I've gotten confused (sorry all) but maybe there are others in the same boat with me.

So, (a) what is the nature of this "additional information" - is it the DKIM key record or something else? and (b) why would this be critical to the initial round of specification?

--
Arvel