Re: QUERY: Key Server Choices

2005-07-25 11:29:53

1. Key Server:

  1a. Do you agree that storing public keys in the DNS is the
way to go? or

Yes, yes, and again yes. It has been demonstrated viable thanks to Yahoo with DK and there are already implementations and keys by the tens/hundreds of thousands in the wild today.

  1b Would using some form of HTTP retrieval or HTTP key
server be better?

If this effort was mandating per-user keys then I would say yes. But it's not. Domain level keys - the DNS can handle it and HTTP would be added complexity that the core specification does not need.

2. Working group project management

  2a. Should the working group focus on the current, DNS-based
mechanism now, and pursue additional mechanisms later? or

Yes, absolutely.

  2b. Should the working group include development of a
non-DNS-based mechanism as part of its initial delivery?

No. We can recharter later AFTER we have a success with the initial delivery.

--
Arvel