Re: QUERY: Key Server Choices

2005-07-25 22:49:50

wayne wrote:

I confess that I don't understand the advantages of using
something like HTTP to retreive the keys.

Getting Web space is cheap and easy.

Being TCP based, it sounds pretty heavy weight.

ACK, if you rule out TCP you must (?) go for 1a yes, 1b no.
This is not the time to revive UDP 113, or is it ?

2b. Should the working group include development of a
non-DNS-based mechanism as part of its initial delivery?

I'm inclined to say "no" right now.

If it's in any way more complex than a http GET:  add me.
E.g. https is more complex.  But picking (not developing)
an existing mechanism could make sense.

                            Bye, Frank