Re: QUERY: Key Server Choices

2005-07-25 19:27:34

In <2005725101837(_dot_)149122(_at_)bbprime> Dave Crocker
<dhc(_at_)dcrocker(_dot_)net> writes:

So I think the questions are:

1. Key Server:

   1a. Do you agree that storing public keys in the DNS is the way to go? or

I think DNS is certainly *a* way to go, and from what I can tell, a
good way to start.

   1b Would using some form of HTTP retrieval or HTTP key server be better?

I confess that I don't understand the advantages of using something
like HTTP to retreive the keys.  Being TCP based, it sounds pretty
heavy weight.  I'm open to explanations though.

2. Working group project management

   2a. Should the working group focus on the current, DNS-based
mechanism now, and pursue additional mechanisms later? or

Until I hear convincing reasons to do something else, I would say
yes.

   2b. Should the working group include development of a
non-DNS-based mechanism as part of its initial delivery?

I'm inclined to say "no" right now.

-wayne