Re: Better DKIM Verification Example Needed

2005-07-27 17:31:21

Hector Santos wrote:

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Thomas" <mike(_at_)mtcc(_dot_)com>

According to the specs (as I read it):

 a:X<CRLF>b:YZ<CRLF><CRLF>CDE
 <CRLF>dkim-signature:a=rsa-sha1;d=example.net;
 s=brisbane;c=simple;q=dns;i=(_at_)eng(_dot_)example(_dot_)net;h=A:B;

Does this look right?
it looks like you're missing the final b=. that is, it should be

Ok, finally. That did it!   (Dave, the docs should show the example of a
full set of canonicalized characters like above with Mike's adjustment).

(assuming that b= was the last item; Arvel brought up a good point about
its
value if it's not).

True.  A repercussion of a developer's coding method/style. <g>

Ok, I just checked out the issue that Arvel raised. If b= is terminated by a semicolon (which would be the case if b= was in the middle of the DKIM-Signature somewhere), it MUST append the trailing semicolon. That is, the rule is to remove the signature value itself, not any syntactic markers. I've modified my code on mtcc.com to append a trailing semicolon to the b= for folks to test against this -- both Murray's (sendmail)
and Arvel's are working correctly.

      Mike