Re: Better DKIM Verification Example Needed

2005-07-27 15:29:10

Earl Hood wrote:

I asked about how the b= is handled in my first post commenting
about the DKIM draft:

   Why isn't the signature data provided in its own separate
   header field to avoid having to extract out the sig data
   first and dealing with ambiguities of whitespace?  For example,
   is the whitespace before and after the "b=" tag also removed,
   or only the whitespace after (or before)?

I never saw an answer to this question.

IMO, it is much cleaner to have the signature in its own header
field so header field canonicalization is uniform across all
fields.
What happens if you have more than one signature? I don't see it as
any cleaner and in fact it looks like it adds complexity to me.

      Mike