Re: SSP - policy location compatibility with DK

2005-07-28 11:36:13

Well, this idea won't fly. My lead developer just mentioned that if DKIM and DK share the same policy location you can get into trouble if you are signing all messages with DK (or DKIM).

Suppose for example that a site signs all messages with only one of the algorithms (DK for example). A receiver that is DKIM capable would end up using the senders DK policy and fail the mail.

That's unacceptable I imagine.

--
Arvel

----- Original Message ----- From: "Hector Santos" <hsantos(_at_)santronics(_dot_)com> To: "Arvel Hathcock" <arvel(_at_)altn(_dot_)com>; "IETF MASS WG" <ietf-mailsig(_at_)imc(_dot_)org>
Sent: Thursday, July 28, 2005 12:10 PM
Subject: Re: SSP - policy location compatibility with DK

----- Original Message -----
From: "Arvel Hathcock" <arvel(_at_)altn(_dot_)com>

I can completely agree that the policy be located where the current SSP
draft states - _policy._domainkey.<domain>.  However, I would like to
propose (no surprise) that there be a "informative implementation note" or
whatever the appropriate vehicle is to say something like this:

"In the event that an SSP record can not be located at
_policy._domainkey.<domain> a verifier SHOULD look for the SSP record at
_domainkey.<domain>."

I agree.  One location.

Why not just <domain>?

http://www.santronics.com