Re: SSP - policy location compatibility with DK

2005-07-31 15:06:45

Arvel Hathcock wrote:

Suppose for example that a site signs all messages with only one of the algorithms (DK for example). A receiver that is DKIM capable would end up using the senders DK policy and fail the mail.

This assumes the sending site has a policy of "I sign all messages" of course. But what such a site _really_ means is "I sign all messages *with DK*". Yet a DKIM verifier wouldn't know the difference. Isn't this correct?

Arvel,

Is anyone publishing and/or using the DK signing policy? If so, then our attempts at compatibility have backfired.

-Jim