Re: SSP - policy location compatibility with DK

2005-07-31 15:39:04

Arvel,

Is anyone publishing and/or using the DK signing policy? If so, then our attempts at compatibility have backfired.

-Jim

Yes. I don't have a good way to figure out how many but, yes. It was mentioned earlier on the list that there are on the order of 1,800 DK policy records in DNS. I have no basis upon which to dispute that figure except to say that I have deployed DK capable software to a much higher figure than that but it requires DNS configuration to get DK (and DKIM) going and it's entirely plausible that the bulk of our customers are incapable or haven't yet done so. Also, 1,800 seems too few to account for the 350 million signed messages which Miles says are received by Yahoo each day.

--
Arvel