SSP - policy location compatibility with DK

2005-07-28 09:56:24

I can completely agree that the policy be located where the current SSP draft states - _policy._domainkey.<domain>. However, I would like to propose (no surprise) that there be a "informative implementation note" or whatever the appropriate vehicle is to say something like this:

"In the event that an SSP record can not be located at _policy._domainkey.<domain> a verifier SHOULD look for the SSP record at _domainkey.<domain>."

Obviously, the goal is to allow DK users to migrate to DKIM without having to alter DNS. We have achieved at great effort cross-compatibility with key records and SSP records and were it not for this new location issue migrating to DKIM from DK wouldn't require any DNS manipulation at all.

Anyway, this is just something I would like discussed as it's a particular concern of mine.

--
Arvel