Re: conduct on the list

2005-08-02 08:48:38

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jon Callas" <jon(_at_)callas(_dot_)org>

However, statements like, "Yahoo is playing games with us" is an ad
hominem attack. A statement like, "Yahoo still hasn't given us a
definitive IPR, and that concerns me" is not an ad hominem attack.

It appears you read more into it than I did. I was going to ignore all this,
but then it would be viewed as if the above is the truth.

I made no specific statement "Yahoo is playing games with us." So I don't
appreciate such labeling.

I made a generalized statement of concern in regards to any organization
seeking IPR when the PUBLIC ITEF is still fine tuning the technology.

However, as an IETF outsider, I don't mind saying I do find it ridiculous,
sorry to say.  In fact, I will go on to say, that you really don't need to
be an IETF outsider to see how ridiculous that is.

Specifically in regards to YAHOO or CISCO, I said I found myself holding
back here and I felt if they are going to "screwing around" with IPR issues,
then maybe they should do their own R&D.  We all saw what happen with
MARID/MS and I don't mind saying I don't wish to be wasting any more time
and "playing games" once again.

See it as you like. I don't see that as an attack.  If it was inappropriate,
a simple clarification would of been enough.  But I don't think it warranted
a silly warning with an implicit threat of censorship and excommunications
from the list.

http://www.santronics.com