Re: sieve draft

1997-11-02 16:11:34
Bart Schaefer wrote:

I don't think there's any disagreement on the terms, merely on when it is
appropriate to refuse.  And those are matters of opinion, not definition.

If you are about to design a message filtering language, it seem
essential to determine in what context the filtering is actually
taking place. Depending on the context, some operations, or actions,
may or may not be appropriate.

Therefore, it might be important to define those contexts, which
then might give us technical reasons for whether an action is
appropriate or not. Refuse is one such action in question.

I regard Sieve as a language to be used for a very specific
purpose, and is therefore not a generic language by definition.
We should therefore be very careful not to give it characteristics
that fall outside it's scope of use.

--
Hälsningar/Regards

Tomas Fasth <tomas(_dot_)fasth(_at_)twinspot(_dot_)net>
tel: +46-13-218-181 cel: +46-708-870-957 fax: +46-708-870-258
TwinSpot is a subsidiary of EuroNetics Operation in Sweden