Re: bounce, mta, & mua (was Re: sieve draft)

1997-11-03 20:17:15
Tim Showalter wrote:

I have made mistakes with the bounce command.  At the very least, would
changing bounce so that

        * only one bounce per message
        * performing a bounce restricts all other actions

make things better?

I think that if bounce stays in the spec, it should be a terminal
action. That is, no further action allowed on the current message.
Otherwise, you will easily end up in all sorts of more or less
confusing situations. There are considerations to be done when
you want to be conformant to the DSN spec.

Would making "bounce" optional help?

Yes, that would help a lot. I even want it to be an extension.
By doing that, the ambiguity in it's operation is no longer part
of the base spec.

--
Hälsningar/Regards

Tomas Fasth <tomas(_dot_)fasth(_at_)twinspot(_dot_)net>
tel: +46-13-218-181 cel: +46-708-870-957 fax: +46-708-870-258
TwinSpot is a subsidiary of EuroNetics Operation in Sweden