Re: MTA Filters BOF request, LA IETF; Proposed Charter

1998-01-14 13:14:49

On Tue, 13 Jan 1998 13:42:00 -0500 Matthew Wall <wall(_at_)cyrusoft(_dot_)com>
wrote:

   I suggest calling it Mailbox Server Filtering Language - MSFL?

How about Mailbox Delivery Filtering Language (MDFL) -- and we can re-write
the charter, etc. to explicitly use the term "delivery agent" (in an attempt
to avoid both your quite valid objections to bringing the MTA explicitly
into it, but to simultaneously not make a judgement as to whether it's the
MUA or MTA acting as a delivery agent, since they clearly can both apply...)

How about "Message Filtering Language (MFL)" or "Internet Message Filtering
Language (IMFL)".   Removes the point of application completely from the
language specification.

---
Steve