Re: Sieve extensions

1998-01-26 09:46:23
From: "Stan Bailes" <stan(_at_)quadcap(_dot_)com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 1998 07:12:27 -0800

Though I can see it now:  the first line of every Sieve script will be

    require "support";

I oppose require unless it's metainformation for similar reasons to my
opposition to support.  ;-)

(My basic problem is that I never want runtime errors.  A script should be
verified at time of submission, and if it's unusable, it should be
refused, and never run.  Require is taken out of the most recent draft to
stop runtime errors like
        if (...) { require "fubar"; } else { ... }
But if it were metainformation, and so valid for the whole script, I'd be
in favor of it.)

--
                                          Tim Showalter
tjs+(_at_)andrew(_dot_)cmu(_dot_)edu