Re: Sieve extensions

1998-01-26 10:54:46
I guess I was assuming that 'require' statements had to be up at the
top and that your example above would be invalid/illegal.  I agree, I
wouldn't want to see a script die in the middle because of a failed 'require'.

While I'd rather see require-type stuff be metainformation, I could live
with it being at the beginning of the script.

It seems to me that it should be possible for the FA to perform a simple
static analysis of the script when it's submitted.  No 'require' needed.
If the script uses any extensions which the FA doesn't support, it gets
rejected.

I agree -- this seems to be to be the right way to do it.

The trick, of course, is to insure that script submission results in this
sort of analysis being done.