Re: Sieve Attributes in Accounts Dataset

1998-05-26 09:50:01
At 12:10 PM 5/20/98 -0700, Randall Gellens wrote:
At 7:46 AM -0700 5/20/98, Steve Hole wrote:

I didn't intend to restrict this to syntax errors; I just wanted to
start there.  That's why I use "Account.Sieve.Syntax.*" -- so that
later on an "Account.Sieve.Execution.*" set of attributes could be
defined.

Also, I wanted to permit an implementation to not ever store the syntax
errors, but instead parse the Sieve script on a store, and return the
syntax errors, although I'm not sure how important that is.

I would think this is a good thing as long as we define a base set of
attributes, like Syntax.Warnings, Syntax.Errors, Execution.Progress,
of which I think the warnings and the errors are the important ones.

regards,
Jack
Jack De Winter - Wildbear Consulting, Inc.
(519) 884-4498          http://www.wildbear.on.ca/jacks/