Re: mostly open issues

1998-11-11 13:44:30
At 3:25 PM -0500 11/11/98, Tim Showalter wrote:

2.  Request: Reject should be optional.

    (I just want to know that this is consensus.)

I think Reject has to be optional, because some implementation environments can't support it (specifically, some environments either can't control the DSN generation, or can't alter the text used in it).

3.  Request: forward adds Resent-* headers.

    (I just want to know that this is consensus.)

My understanding of the DRUMS discussion on Resent-* headers is that they are not to be used for .forward style automatic, unconditional forwarding, but are supposed to be used for user-initiated forwarding. I say that Sieve falls into this latter category, and thus Resent-* headers SHOULD be generated.

4.  Request: Short-circuit evaluation should be either MAY or MUST, and
    must be discussed in case it matters in the future.

I've implemented them, but I suspect there may be implementation environments where this is hard to support, and so I don't think we can require it.