Re: does vacation need to define what an address looks like?

2000-08-28 21:28:46
Ken Murchison <ken(_at_)oceana(_dot_)com> writes:

Chris Newman wrote:

--On Tuesday, August 22, 2000 19:08 -0700 Tim Showalter
<tjs(_at_)mirapoint(_dot_)com>
wrote:
What about local addresses like "tjs" or "ken"?  Is this going to be a
MAY?

It probably should be.  I will try and come up with wording real soon.

Actually, I'd say MUST NOT (but could live with SHOULD NOT).  Every time
I've seen "local" addresses used anywhere it caused problems down the road.

I wasn't advocating local addresses.  I'd rather see FQDNs.  Tim had
mentioned this before, and I was just clarifying what he was thinking so
I can make the appropriate (if any) changes in cmu-sieve.

okay, okay, let's just drop 'em.  :-)

Tim