Re: List variables in Sieve (Re: variables draft (draft-homme-sieve-variables-00.txt))

2003-04-14 09:19:01

On Sun, Apr 13, 2003 at 05:53:40PM +0200, Kjetil Torgrim Homme wrote:
[Alexey Melnikov]:

  In order to move imapflags extension forward I need support for
  set/list variables.

I think we might be able to do without this.  What if you allow
(and ignore) empty strings in a [...] list?

That way, you could set

        set "aflag" "aflag"

        ["${aflag}", "${bflag}", "${cflag}"]

and have that come out as

        ["aflag" "" ""]

if bflag and cflag are unset.

There are still things that you can do with a list algebra
that you can't do with this approach -- infinitely many
flags based on the header and body contents of a message --
but I don't think we want to do those things badly enough
to warrant adding three new commands and a variable data type.

Jutta