Re: Three new drafts and a question

2003-04-29 17:02:28

[Ned Freed]:

  [Kjetil T Homme]:
  > I do feel that keeping the header name separate is best, if only for
  > consistency with deleteheader and replaceheader.

  Consistency with header is actually more important IMO.

agreed, but I don't think a list of header names is very useful.  the
following is the best I can come up with :-)

    addheader ["Precedence", "X-Priority"] "cosmic top important";

  [...] it begs the question of why deleteheader/addheader aren't
  sufficient in the same way that a sequence of addheader actions is
  sufficient to avoid the use of lists in addheader.

the only point I can see in favour of keeping replaceheader, is
Nigel's (general) point on idioms for GUIs.  and it doesn't seem very
compelling here.

--
Kjetil T.