Re: draft-elvey-refuse-sieve-02.txt; http://wiki.fastmail.fm/wiki/index.php/SieveExtensionsSupportMatrix

2004-08-10 14:21:28

Cyrus Daboo <daboo(_at_)isamet(_dot_)com> writes:

<http://www.xmpp.org/ietf-logs/sieve(_at_)ietf(_dot_)xmpp(_dot_)org/2004-08-04.txt>

I will also attempt to write up a brief summary and post to the list in the
next day or so.

Very useful, thanks.

I'm sad to see that ManageSieve apparently won't be on the WG agenda.
It was suggested ManageSieve was considered a "hack".  Could someone
explain that?  I'm trying to understand what it is about that is a
"hack".  To me, ManageSieve much less of a hack compared to
transferring Sieve from clients to servers over LDAP or ACAP.  I've
explained it before, but my reason for that is that to be useful, the
protocol transferring Sieve will have to support syntax validation of
the script, and crafting that on to LDAP or ACAP is to me a very big
hack.

Thanks,
Simon