Re: draft-homme-sieve-variables-03.txt

2004-08-12 11:46:34

On Thu, 2004-08-12 at 14:42 -0400, Cyrus Daboo wrote:
Kjetil Torgrim Homme <kjetilho(_at_)ifi(_dot_)uio(_dot_)no> wrote:

I think the formality is necessary. Consider this:

     When a string is evaluated, substrings matching variable-ref
     MUST BE replaced by the value of variable-name.  The string
     MUST BE passed through exactly once.

okay, but I stuck to your first patch, only changing "shall" into
"SHALL" :-)

I think it has to be a MUST - we can't allow implementations to ignore
variables when they are actually used!

I'm kind of glad to see it's not only I who misremembers [KEYWORDS] :-)

1. MUST   This word, or the terms "REQUIRED" or "SHALL", mean that the
   definition is an absolute requirement of the specification.

--
Kjetil T.