Re: Change to "reject" action: compatible with fileinto/redirect?

2005-04-28 14:17:21

Matthew has asked this question before and I've heard no opinions. I
just want to hear explicit confirmations/objections to the idea of
allowing "reject" to be compatible with "fileinto" and "redirect".

I think sending a "this message was rejected" message but then
keeping/forwarding the message is disingenuous at best. It also opens the door
to certain abuses, including but not limited to various sorts of loops.

This isn't to say such messages can't be sent through other means or loops
won't happen for other reasons - of course they can or will - but we should not
make it easy.

People who want to send some sort of automatic response to a message while
continuing to process it should use vacation, which implements the right set of
checks to prevent various bad things from happening.

                                Ned