Re: My open issues with RFC3028bis

2005-07-05 08:09:45

On Tue, 2005-07-05 at 07:48 -0700, Ned Freed wrote:
IMO it would be better to say something along the lines of

    Header lines are unfolded as described in [IMAIL] section 2.2.3.
    Interpretation of header data should be done according to [MIME3]
    section 6.2.

This makes the required sequence of operations clear. Note that I also removed
the term "long" - in practice it isn't only long lines that are folded.

you are of course right, and in that light the reference to [MIME3] may
be redundant.  I think it is a useful reminder for implementors, and
think it is worthwhile to keep it, though.  (it would be strange to
argue otherwise since I messed it up :-)
--
Kjetil T.