Re: My open issues with RFC3028bis

2005-07-07 12:55:22

Ned Freed <ned(_dot_)freed(_at_)mrochek(_dot_)com> writes:
IMO it would be better to say something along the lines of

   Header lines are unfolded as described in [IMAIL] section 2.2.3.
   Interpretation of header data should be done according to [MIME3]
   section 6.2.

This makes the required sequence of operations clear. Note that I also
removed
the term "long" - in practice it isn't only long lines that are folded.

I like it, though I think there should be a forward reference to 2.7.2
as that's where the precise requirements are stated.  So:

   Header lines are unfolded as described in [IMAIL] section 2.2.3.
   Interpretation of header data SHOULD be done according to [MIME3]
   section 6.2 (see 2.7.2 below for details).

The added reference is a useful addition IMO.