Re: Working Group Last Call for draft-ietf-sieve-refuse-reject-00.txt

2005-08-18 07:11:11

Section 5.1:

  If the "reason" string is multiline, than the reason text MUST be
  returned as a multiline SMTP/LMTP response, per [SMTP], section
  4.2.1.

What should happen for plain old SMTP sessions?

I am not sure I understand the question.

I just read again and although there are clients using HELO and not
understanding multiline responses, RFC 821 already allowed multiline

Section 5.1 covers not allowed characters, but should add that it is
an error if messages generated from the response messages would
have lines exceeding 512 bytes in length.

Michael