Re: Working Group Last Call for draft-ietf-sieve-refuse-reject-00.txt

2005-08-25 12:27:03

On Tue, Aug 23, 2005 at 05:40:27PM -0700, Matthew Elvey wrote:

Misleading the user into thinking that he's reducing bounces is
unacceptable.  I am extremely firmly opposed to any changes that allow
refuse and reject to have the exact same results from the users/victim's
viewpoint.  The AU's email system is compliant or it isn't.  Saying the
system is compliant when just a piece theoretically could be, but when
in actual use, the system isn't compliant makes no sense.  It seems
we'll have to go for rough consensus, noting this as a point of
disagreement.
(Mark, have I convinced you? It wasn't clear from your last email.)

Not really.  I understand your point of view, though, and agree that
refusal is a good goal, but with a different outlook on the specifics of
getting there.

Anyway, nothing new for me to add..

mm