Re: Working Group Last Call for draft-ietf-sieve-refuse-reject-00.txt

2005-08-23 13:40:21

Misleading the user into thinking that he's reducing bounces is unacceptable. I am extremely firmly opposed to any changes that allow refuse and reject to have the exact same results from the users/victim's viewpoint. The AU's email system is compliant or it isn't. Saying the system is compliant when just a piece theoretically could be, but when in actual use, the system isn't compliant makes no sense. It seems we'll have to go for rough consensus, noting this as a point of disagreement. Consider: You can't deduce that 'a boa constrictor is harmless' from the fact that 'a dead boa constrictor is harmless'.

On 8/23/05 1:01 PM, Mark E. Mallett sent forth electrons to convey: