Re: values of notify ":priority" tag

2005-12-08 11:18:51

On Thu, Dec 08, 2005 at 05:49:08PM +0100, Kjetil Torgrim Homme wrote:
On Thu, 2005-12-08 at 17:26 +0100, Michael Haardt wrote:
Note I just changed my mind and now support keeping ":priority"
(Barry suggested to rename it to ":importance") in the generic
framework.

I was just going to suggest ":urgency" to get the idea more clearly
across when the message from Peter Saint-Andre ticked in :-)

(important things aren't always urgent.)

I was thinking of importance and that it may not be one-dimensional, but
couldn't say why I felt that way.  Right, urgency is a second dimension
and it even has a name. :)

I am afraid someone may be able to name further dimensions, so instead of
adding ":urgency" as well, I suggest to allow non-numeric string values
for ":importance", or however that single that-stuff-matters-to-me-option
should be called.  But again, it's just a feeling there may be more.

Philosophy at IETF; who would have thought that.

Michael