Re: List of open issues with Sieve reject draft(draft-ietf-sieve-refuse-reject-02.txt)

2006-07-11 06:13:43

there are no logging actions in Sieve, but most implementations can
provide such logs without it being triggered by explicit script actions.

Well our implementation doesn't provide any end user accesible operational
logs, so using fileinto seems like an excellent low cost implementation.

Besides, what is an end user going to want to see in those logs?  They will
want access to the message data, and a list of what was rejected, which is
exactly what you get with fileinto+reject.  Our product has run that way for
years and the only complaints I've ever had about it is from you guys ;o)

I don't think this is sufficient reason to allow an e-mail system to
misrepresent the delivery status.

I'm quite happy to interpret reject as "I never want to see any mail like that
ever again".  If the server carries on delivering/processing that message then
I think that's up to the mail server.

Nigel