Re: 3028bis, section 4.2, paragraph 2

2007-02-07 05:16:50

Alexey Melnikov writes:
I think this is already covered by existing paragraph in -10 (which Philip didn't plan to change):

  The "redirect" action is used to send the message to another user at
  a supplied address, as a mail forwarding feature does.  The
  "redirect" action makes no changes to the message body or existing
  headers, but it may add new headers.  In particular, existing
  Received headers MUST be preserved and the count of Received headers
  in the outgoing message MUST be larger than the same count on the
  message as received by the implementation.  (An implementation that
  adds a Received header before processing the message does not need to
  add another when redirecting.)

Fine. A 'for' clause is desirable, but I suppose it always is.

Arnt