Re: 3028bis, section 4.2, paragraph 2

2007-02-07 21:36:46

Mark Mallett wrote, in regards to this text in 3028bis-10, section 4.2:
   <...>  In particular, existing
   Received headers MUST be preserved and the count of Received headers
   in the outgoing message MUST be larger than the same count on the
   message as received by the implementation.  (An implementation that
   adds a Received header before processing the message does not need to
   add another when redirecting.)

That's interesting, I didn't notice that change.  That does mandate the
addition of a Received by (or as of) the time a redirect is done.  It
also implies that adding a Received line is at least discussed elsewhere
in the document, which it isn't (other than a casual mention in loop
control).  Maybe that's picky, but if the addition of a Received line is
alluded to, perhaps it should be discussed.  For example, there could
be a recommendation that an implementation "adds a Received header before
processing the message" -- but then is this considered part of the