Re: Poll: consensus to change the encoded-character extension

2007-04-12 12:53:35

Kjetil Torgrim Homme wrote:

On Tue, 2007-04-10 at 19:12 +0000, Aaron Stone wrote:
Something like this:

  encoded-character    = "${" encoded-char-scheme ":" encoded-char-seq
"}"
  encoded-char-scheme  = hex / unicode
  encoded-char-seq     = *(LWSP WSP 1*HEXDIG) LWSP
if we allow ${hex:100} in the grammar, we need to say something in the
text about the valid range.  I would prefer to stick to separate
productions for encoded-arb-octets and encoded-unicode-char to keep the
text simple and to minimise the change to the text.
Speaking as a contributor: I agree.

Note that LWSP is optional by definition,
ouch, good catch!
Indeed.