Re: Poll: consensus to change the encoded-character extension

2007-04-15 18:22:11

On Sun, 2007-04-15 at 13:17 -0700, Ned Freed wrote:
I'm fine with this. I do note, however, that error handling here is kinda
tricky - since you cannot be sure until you reach the } that the syntax
rules are met, you have to flag any errors you see in unicode values and
only report them at the end. Perhaps a note about this would be in order...

yes, I guess it's easy to trip over this, causing a potential
interoperability issue.  suggested text:

        It is an error for a script to use a hexadecimal value that
        isn't in either the range 0 to D7FF or the range E000 to
        10FFFF.[...]

        Note: Implementations MUST NOT raise an error for an out of
        range Unicode value unless the sequence containing it is
        well-formed according to the grammar.

--
Kjetil T.