Re: Collected changes to 3028bis-12, section 2.4.2.4

2007-04-17 01:07:31

On Tue, 2007-04-17 at 01:32 +0200, Kjetil Torgrim Homme wrote:

   "${Unicode:Cool}" -> "${Unicode:Cool}"

I continue to find this very unnatural, but I re-read variables, and it
does the same thing. There's certainly been lots of thought on the
issue, so I won't rehash.

Now my thinking is this: if we do end up going for a general
${function:argument} extension down the road, as was previously
suggested on the list, we'll have a precedent that the syntactic
validity of 'argument' depends upon the semantic value of 'function'.
That should be interesting ;-)

As for the other items, I thought Kjetil's suggestions about which were
superfluous and other edits were spot on.

Aaron