Re: [sieve] New Version Notification for draft-george-sieve-vacation-time-00

2010-02-04 02:34:51
On 02/04/2010 04:58 AM, Ned Freed wrote:
The bottom line is that this is a can of worms I'd really rather not open.

AOL. But if the main vacation specification were to be updated (fix errata, proceed to draft, what have you), I'd be happy to see a sentence like this:

"If the sieve processor recognises an address belonging to the sieve script's owner in the To or Cc fields, then it's better to use that address for the vacation reply than any other addresses the script owner may also have."

I think that's what my code does, so evidently I thought this behaviour permitted by the existing RFC. But I wouldn't mind saying it explicitly.

Arnt