Re: [sieve] New Version Notification for draft-george-sieve-vacation-time-00

2010-02-04 09:08:00
Well, the obvious existing model for this sort  of thing is spamtest and
spamtestplus. In that case specifying spamtestplus implicitly sets spamtest.
The rationale, as I recall, is that since spamtestplus makes no sense
without spamtest, why make the require clause even longer than it needs to be?

if there's a reason not to follow that approach here I don't see it.

OK, I'll buy that.  Good.  So for the next version:

1. I will change ":time" to ":seconds".

2. I will change "vacation-time" to "vacation-seconds".

3. I will add text saying that "vacation-seconds" implies "vacation",
and that a script that includes "vacation-time" in the "require" list
MAY omit "vacation" from the list.

The other question is if the working group will adopt this.  Should
the updated version (changing "time" to "seconds") become
draft-ietf-sieve-vacation-seconds-00 ?

WFM.

I'll hold off on updating the draft for a day or two, and if the
chairs tell me that they have approved
"draft-ietf-sieve-vacation-seconds" as a working group draft, I will
submit it that way.  Otherwise, I'll submit an -01 version with the
current name.

Other comments from participants (or chairs)?

Barry