Re: Everyone back from Seoul yet?

2004-03-09 15:48:08

On Tue, Mar 09, 2004 at 10:43:01AM -0800, Edwin Aoki wrote:
- The MTA with this identity is authorized to send mail on behalf of
users at a specified domain

If we want this kind of information widely deployed it has to be EASY
to be added.
I'd take any bet that only a really small percentage of our customers will
be able to add correct XYZ records to their domains even with help from
our tech support:
- what do you mean with IP address? www.example.com is mine I think
- I am using a lot of dialin providers and their mailservers, I don't
  know the IP addesses/names these mailservers use to the outside.

While these may be ok for those who are able to add XYZ records, because
they will be protected it makes it worse for those without XYZ records
and if we don't reach a critical mass of supporters nobody will
implement/use it aka "it is useless because only n precent of incoming
emails are from domains that have XYZ records at all".

        \Maex

--
SpaceNet AG            | Joseph-Dollinger-Bogen 14 | Fon: +49 (89) 32356-0
Research & Development |       D-80807 Muenchen    | Fax: +49 (89) 32356-299